Careers at Robert Old
Robert Old is an independent luxury retailer, providing discerning gentlemen with the finest menswear since 1909. Situated to Bournemouth, Dorset and set across three floors.
Tailor / Seamstress Outworker
Robert Old is seeking a talented and experienced Tailor or Seamstress to join the team to work alongside our In-house Master Tailor. Robert Old has a long heritage of selling luxury Italian tailoring for discerning gentlemen. The successful candidate will have extremally high personal standards of workmanship with a dedication to provide the client an unparalleled finish.
- Experienced tailor or seamstress with over 5 years on the job.
- Typical work would be to carry out alterations on garments for example shortening shirt sleeves to tapering trousers and shortening jacket sleeves.
- Local to Bournemouth within 30mins would be preferable
- The applicant is required to have a private work room from home or work.
- Work is collected on a Weekly basis from Westover Road Bournemouth, or to be arranged depending on requirement.
- A flexible approach to work flow would be desirable to fit in with busy periods of the year such as sales.
- Official qualifications desirable such as City and Guild.
- Work carried out by piece and then invoiced to Robert Old on a weekly or Monthly basis.
- Flexible working hours with the successful applicant able to manage their workload.
- Competitive rates of work
- Consistent work flow.
- Business to Business relationship.
- Negotiable terms of service to benefit both parties.
We do not currently have any other vacancies, however we are always on the lookout for talented individuals with a passion for luxury fashion and exemplary service to join our established sales team.
If you would like to reach out to us please download the attached application form and email along with your CV and covering letter to:
Samuel Old: firstname.lastname@example.org