Taxes & Duties
Service Update - We are shipping and processing orders as normal with a few changes.
From the 1st January 2021 the UK will be starting its new trading relationship with the EU. In line with this new Shipping, Tax and Ordering practices will be in place. Robert Old have been trading online since 2003 and have been shipping our garments across the world ever since and we will endeavour to continue offering our services internationally.
- All orders being shipped by Robert Old outside the United Kingdom from the 1st January 2021 will be subject to 0% ‘Value Added Tax’ (VAT) at the point of checkout. (The tax element will be removed in the checkout once you have entered your shipping address. All products will show two prices Firstly UK VAT included and secondly a price excluding VAT for international orders.
Orders being shipped outside the UK may be subject to your local VAT rates, Possible Duties and Processing Fees. These imposed by your native country and their Customs Agency, Robert Old has no control over these. Please be aware exemption limits maybe imposed in a Trade Agreement between the exporting country and the importing country, for example in the United States a limit of $xxx is the point of which clothing will be processed for Taxes. Where as between the UK and EU there are 0% charges on duties on goods crossing borders as well as Tax free at the point of order. However please note you may be liable for Processing Fees and VAT in your native country. It is advised to double check with your local tax office prior to ordering as the savings can be considerable.
- Responsibility of Duties and Taxes - Import duties are the sole responsibility of the customer; Robert Old are not liable for any taxes or duties incurred from your order.
- Unpaid Duties, Taxes or Proceessing Fees - Any unpaid duties will mean your order will not be delivered and may be returned by our shipping partner (i.e., DHL, UPS, or Royal Mail). Robert Old therefore will be obliged to refund your order less any costs incurred during the shipping process. Where required, you are able to request a breakdown of the costs.
- Commodity codes – All items being shipped outside of the UK will have commodity codes added to the products you have ordered. These codes determine the rate/cost of duties as per the product’s defined bracket by the customs agency.
These codes are applied to Robert Old’s best knowledge and we will endeavour to make sure these are correct. In our experience each Customs Agency will look at these slightly differently meaning there is no exact answers. In turn this can have a positive or negative effect on the duty/tax owed to your native Customs Agency. Robert Old will be unable to take responsibility for local variations in Commodity Codes but will endeavour to help where we can to make your purchase as smooth as possible.
- Shipping Timeline – Please consider there may be a delay in receiving your goods with the new relationship with the EU. Orders will have to pass through several more steps prior to delivery taking place. If you would like to know more, please contact us.
- Returned Goods – We understand practices are changing and things may take longer, therefore we have taken the considered decision to extend our returns policy to EU customers/friends to 45 days until further notice. Unfortunately, from January 1st 2021 we kindly ask all customers to use the ‘Self Returns’ method until further notice
When returning goods from the EU we urge you to inform us of the order number, items, and tracking information prior to shipping any goods back to the store. Please do this via [email protected]
Importent Please note – Before sending any items back to Robert Old from the EU please consider there may be a delay in doing so in early 2021. New practices will be in place and its important to understand. We have extended our Returns Policy to 45 days to help.
If you are unsure about any of the above we would be happy to help. Please contact us on [email protected] a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Many thanks from the Robert Old team for your support and custom.